Tuesday, October 13, 2009

Daily Draw: Makings of a disco cat


A collaborative effort - painted by my 2 year-old. With age- par tyranny.
Because getting angry wasn't going to stop her from messing in my paint to reach over and add her own flourishes to whatever I had started to draw.
If you can't beat 'em, join 'em, right?
Well, I do at least have to pick my battles.

She was poised behind me on the chair, paint brush in hand, about to pounce on my next attempt...
"What should we draw?"
"Ummmmmm. A cat."
"Ok.."
"DWAW!"
"Alright. Jeez..."
And already she is pushing my hands out of the way to paint over the lines before they are made.
"NO. I paint NOW."

1 comment:

Michelle Dash said...

Just found this here blog, and and am gently bowled over by the lovely illustrations and very funny little stories.